The Mary Helen Burgess Scholarship
Total Health Care Inc. will award scholarships ranging from $500 – $2000 to individuals pursuing higher education and interested in health-related career paths.
The scholarship was founded by Ms. Mary Helen Burgess, a visionary of Total Health Care, Inc.
Scholarship Deadline: July 31, 2021
Mary Helen Burgess
Ms. Mary Helen Burgess devoted her entire life to the city of Baltimore with a particular focus on creating access to quality health care within the community. She was one of the visionary leaders to establish Total Health Care, Inc.; not one to focus her gifts in one area, Ms. Burgess’ work revolved around the intersection of health, livable housing, job development and training. Her leadership at Total Health Care spanned decades, serving in the roles of Board Director, Board Chair, and finally Board Member Emeritus from 1978 – 2018 growing the organization from a small space in a church to eight health centers throughout Baltimore City at the time of her retirement from the Board of Directors. Her servant leadership was recognized with the naming of a health center site, The Helen Burgess Health Center at Mondawmin.
- Open to current Total Health Care, Inc. (THC) patients, child(ren) of THC patients, child(ren) of THC staff.
- Registered for at least part-time status by Fall of the current year
- Current College Students
- Minimum 2.7 GPA cumulative GPA
- Be in good standing with the College (not be subject to any sanction, suspension or disciplinary action).
Email or mail a completed application to include the following:
- A completed and signed application form
- Attached one-page typed summary of educational goals and career objectives
- One signed recommendation letter from a teacher/professor, coach, or mentor
RETURN APPLICATION TO:
Total Health Care Inc. Philanthropy & Social Responsibility
1501 Division St.
Baltimore, Maryland 21217
email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Incomplete applications will not be considered
Questions? Email email@example.com