1 lb. salmon
½ cup soy sauce
2 tbsp. mirin
2 tsp. sugar
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- Cut salmon into 4 portions.
- In a shallow container large enough to hold the salmon pieces, mix together soy sauce, mirin, and sugar until sugar dissolves.
- Coat both sides of the salmon with the mixture, and arrange pieces skin-side up in the container. Refrigerate for 30 minutes – 1 hour.
- Arrange oven racks so the skillet you are cooking in will be as close as possible to the broiler flame. Turn on broiler. Preheat an ovenproof skillet over high heat on the stove until very hot.
- Remove salmon from the marinade and brush both sides with the oil.
- Place the salmon skin-side up in the skillet and transfer pan to the broiler. Cook for 1 – 2 minutes. If salmon is not done, flip and cook for an additional minute.
Recipe adapted from: Kitchn