2 tbsp. olive oil
½ medium onion, diced
2 stalks celery, chopped
2 medium carrots, chopped
3 cups chopped rotisserie chicken
6 oz. egg noodles or whole wheat noodles
1 quart chicken broth
4 cups water
2 tsp. seasoning of choice (sea salt, black pepper, poultry seasoning, garlic salt, etc.)
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Once hot, add onions and cook until they begin to soften, about 7 – 8 minutes.
- Add celery and carrots and continue to cook for another 4 – 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add broth, water, chicken, and seasonings. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Add noodles and cook for amount of time indicated on package.
- Season to taste with sea salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately. Store any leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Recipe adapted from: Tablespoon