Paying for Services
As a community health center, we provide services regardless of ability to pay and require you to complete certain documents before we can discount your fee. Payments, including discounted fees, are required at the time of service.
One or more of the following items, plus the completed Sliding Fee Scale application, must be shown before we can apply any discount to your required payment:
- A copy of current year’s Income Tax Return
- Copies of all paystubs from a three-month period
- A copy of three-month’s bank statement indicating direct deposits from income sources
- A letter from employer verifying, hourly wages, number of hours scheduled on a regular basis, signed by the employer on their letterhead
- Notice of Financial Determination from the Office of Unemployment Compensation
- Notice of Income Determination from the Department of Housing
Please print out the application, complete it, and present to the intake staff during your next visit.
Contact us, should you be unable to pay for services at the time of service, and we will assist you in determining eligibility for discounts and establishing a plan for payment. Co-pays are due at the time of service. Co-pays are eligible under the sliding fee discount program. If you feel you may be qualify for our sliding fee discount program, please contact us prior to your appointment.
Please click here to download our Medical Sliding Fee Scale.
Please click here to download our Dental Sliding Fee Scale.
Please click here to download our Sliding Fee Scale Application.
You may now qualify for Medicaid in Maryland. Under the Affordable Care Act, Medicaid is available to more people throughout the state. More people than ever will now qualify for Medicaid assistance. Even if you were told you didn’t qualify for Medicaid in the past, you may now qualify under the new income eligibility rules.
Maryland Children’s Health Program (MCHP)
The Maryland Children’s Health Program (MCHP) offers a free or low-cost health insurance program for up to age 19 and pregnant women in families with low to average incomes. Covered services include in-patient hospital care, medical doctor visits, lab tests, dental care, eye care, medicines and immunizations. Income before taxes and other deductions is counted.
Those eligible for MCHP are children under age 19, who are not eligible for Medicaid, whose modified adjust gross income is at or below 200% of the federal poverty level (FPL); and who are uninsured.
For more information about MCHP and how to apply please visit the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
Total Health Care accepts the following insurance plans:
- Maryland Physicians Care
- Priority Partners
- Medicare (part B only)
- United Healthcare
- CareFirst BlueCross Blue Shield of Maryland
- Riverside Health
- Other Commercial Carriers
- Medstar Family Choice – Accepted for medical only (no OBGYN)
Total Health Care participates with most Maryland Dental plans.